Aluminium welding has become extremely popular over the years because it offers several benefits when compared with traditional metal welding. Not only is aluminium welding easy, but also ensures that the weld stays in place for a long period. So, what are the most common benefits associated with Aluminium welding?
- Cost-Effective: The materials involved for aluminium welding are relatively cheap making it a cost effective welding technique.
- Easy to Use: Aluminium welding is quite easy to learn and master. One can also use aluminium welding for performing a wider range of jobs at home.
- Mobile Aluminium welding is quite popular. Because it is easy to perform, Aluminium welding allows you to weld almost anywhere.
- Aluminium welding is extremely versatile which means that you don’t have to pre-fabricate, rather you can accommodate last minute changes as well.
- Aluminium welding is definitely more reliable when compared with spot welding.
Metal stamping process is used to create various types of shapes and metal formations. It definitely provides endless options for unique formations and designs. There are different techniques used for metal stamping which entirely depends on the complexity of design required. The metal is placed on a mandrel and then subjected to high speed spinning combined with compression and application of force.
Typically used by architects, artisans for complex designs, metal stamping can be used for achieving different geometrical forms. Experimenting with the amount of heat and pressure will result in different levels of finishing, thickness and texture of the piece.
The most common types of metal used for metal stamping includes sheet metal and aluminium. Metal stamping techniques are used for high volume cuts in metal, which are then shaped as per the desired requirements. Planning plays a crucial role in metal stamping process
Laser cutters are used for a variety of applications across industries. Popular as one of the finest technology which guarantees high quality precision, the laser cutters are used for cutting materials like paper, plastic, metal, cloth etc. With CNC laser cutters, the output of the high power laser can be easily directed and managed. It increases the efficiency, guarantees better productivity and offers low operational cost.
Laser cutters are actively used in almost every manufacturing industry. In Textile industry, the laser cutters are used to cut sheets of fabric. Low power lasers are generally used for cutting these softer materials. Laser cutters are also used in sheet metal manufacturing industries to achieve good surface finish. It can also be used for modifying, fixing and various other processes involving metal cutting.
Rubber and plastic being softer than metals can be easily cut with low power laser cutters.
In order to create intricate designs, laser cutters are used for engraving decorative shapes and patterns.
Metal stamping is an extremely crucial process which plays a pivotal role in many complex industries. The high precision parts required for medical devices are practically impossible to be made without metal stamping processes. Similarly the automotive industry also largely depends on metal stamping for some of its critical parts. The components of brakes and airbags are generally made from metal stamped parts. Precision equipments which includes gages, landing gear, navigation systems and the aircraft engine used in the aerospace industry are customized during metal stamping process.
To achieve the high precision and accuracy there are excellent metal stamping dies involved during the stamping process. Depending on the degree of accuracy required, there can be different types of stamping die coming into the picture. The design of the die takes into consideration several factors like the metal required, expected volume of production, complexity of the part and tolerances. Let’s know more about the different dies used for metal stamping:
- Forming Die: Used for performing forming and bending operation. This type of die can perform many bends and forms simultaneously.
- Blanking Die: This type of die is used for metal stamping which produces a flat piece without any holes. It can produce extremely accurate and flat parts.
- Pierce Die: Metal stamping processes which involves punching of holes use this type of die.
- Embossing Die: This is one of the most commonly used die for metal stamping where the die is used to compress the metal blank to emboss or raise into a form.
- Trim Die: As the name signifies, once the metal stamping process is over, this die is used to remove excess material from the parts.
- Compound Die: This type of die can cut outer periphery shape and punch internal holes with one press stroke.
The choice of the die depends entirely on the requirements of the metal stamping process. Metal stamping technique is versatile and its usage extends to various industries.
Metal Bending for sheet metal most frequently involves the use of sheet metal brakes which produces a V-shape, U -shape or any other desired shape as required. Typically there are five methods of metal bending currently pursued in the industrial sector today which includes rolling, hot bending, incremental bending, induction bending and rotary-draw bending. Mostly used for bending steel, each method has its own advantages. Let’s know more about each of the metal bending methods and understand how they work.
- Rolling: A long strip of metal is typically passed through a set of rollers where each performs only an incremental part of the bend, until you achieve the desired shape or bend. Ideal for producing parts with long lengths, it is a continuous bending operation. This method which is also known as cold bending is cost effective when compared with the other methods of metal bending.
- Hot Bending: This method of metal bending requires the member to be heated directly and then bent to achieve the desired bend. Excessively used in case of repair, this method of metal bending requires a heat source which can be either a furnace or a direct flame.
- Incremental Bending: A highly flexible metal bending process, it is generally used for rapid prototype production. Basically this approach forms only a small part which is then moved over the entire product. This type of metal bending approach is best used for small series production as it only requires simple and cheap tools.
- Induction Bending: In case of induction bending, the metal is heated using an electric coil. This method of metal bending assures amazing results when only a specific are of the pipe or metal tube requires bending.
- Rotary-draw bending: By rotating the metal piece around a die, metal bending is achieved. This method can produce a tight radii and used mainly for complicated bends.
One of the most used welders is the MIG welder which uses a wire feed. MIG welders are used for a wide array of applications including both professional and personal projects. Welding services which uses Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welder has the weld puddle shielded by the inert gas. Argon is the most commonly used gas to shield because it is safe to use and doesn’t have any reaction to the welding process. For general welding services around your home, MIG welders are good enough to be used. However, there are certain important things to consider in case you are looking to buy MIG welder.
- Trigger: The trigger is one of the most important things to look for in a MIG welder. The power supply to the welder is controlled by the trigger which makes it extremely important for effective welding services.
- Torch: The very next thing which plays an important role is the torch. In order to enjoy high quality welding services, you may need to replace the torch when it eventually wears down. For this, it is always recommended to buy MIG welders with detachable torches.
- Chassis: The case that contains the MIG welder is known as the chassis. The chassis should ideally have a shelf at the back which can be used to store the gas bottle that needs to be used alongside the MIG welder.
- Wire Feed: For welding services involving MIG welders, the wire feed plays an extremely important role. Search for a design that allows you to control the wire feed speed.
- The filler metal needs to be protected from the surrounding environment which is normally accomplished by using an inert gas. Welding services involving MIG welders can also use flux cored wires.
Welding services are extremely important for home and industrial use. The above mentioned tips will definitely help your search for MIG welders.
Micah & Co. is a professional sheet metal fabrication company in Sydney that specializes in all aspects of sheet metal manufacturing and other welding services. They are always searching for ways to improve efficiency in their processes, reviewing every detail of each step.
Sheet metal is popular in hospitals, food preparation or processing facilities, and many other industries. Thus the demand for sheet metal fabrication is high. This does not mean, however, that you should settle for any ‘just another’ sheet metal fabrication company. Quality is very important to ensure functionality and long service life.
If you need sheet metal fabrication done for your business, Micah & Co. can help you with every aspect of the process – no need to go to different businesses. They are a well-known company in the steel industry and are available for consult.
Sheet Metal Design
Micah & Co. invests in high tech equipment for their company and provides ample training for their dedicated staff. This results in high quality products and excellent customer service. Innovations and improvements are core parts in the company’s business philosophy. Sheet metal fabrication is a complex process, but the staffs at Micah & Co. have it down to a science.
Sheet Metal Fabrication
The following are some of the tools that Micah & Co employs in its sheet metal fabrication process:
• CNC Turret Punch Press
• Customized Sheet metal Fabrication
• Grinding and Polishing
• Laser & Plasma Cutting
• MIG & TIG Welding
• NC Folding 7 Axis processes
• Single Sheet Metal Components
• Spot & Stud Welding
• Sub Assemblies
• Welding Services
Sheet Metal Folding – Metal folding is done in house by Micah &Co.’s experienced staff and can be customized to your needs. Before the folding process begins, engineers calculate all factors of bending physics such as bend allowance and bend deduction.
Sheet Metal Cutting – This is where the laser cutting technology and software shine. Micah & Co. has over 20 years of experience providing Australia with sheet metal cutting services and continues to hold a high standard and long service life for all of its products. They go above and beyond to satisfy their customers’ needs and make customer service a priority.
Welding – For metals that require high-quality service finishes, repair castings, or pressure piping, the TIG welding technique is preferred. MIG welding results in less deformation of the material. There are many challenges in aluminium welding despite the low melting point of the alloys. That being said, Aluminium welding provided by Micah & Co. is promised to be the best quality.
Stainless Steel Fabrication – It consists mostly of metal bending and cutting. Steel fabrication is in high demand and Micah & Co. guarantees quality to all customers.
Laser Cutters – Micah & Co employs some of the most high-tech software in the field for sheet metal cutting. The computer numerically controlled (CNC) Turret Punch Press expedites metal stamping and allows the company to provide clients with high levels of component detail while still delivering the product on time and at a reasonable price.